If you want to acquire Italian citizenship, you must go from the region to the Minister of the Interior by the mayor from the area where you live or abroad, by the local Italian consulate.
Moreover, If you want to apply for dual citizenship in Italy a tax need to be paid, and you must also swear loyalty to the Italian State and future compliance with the Italian Constitution and laws.
Image Source: Google
Depending on the application, you must submit some documents, such as:
- Birth certificate;
- Certificate stay (if it is the case);
- Certificate of Italian citizenship of the mother or the father (if necessary);
- Receipt of criminal record (or certified absence of a);
- Marriage certificate.
Here are the seven most significant advantages of Italian citizenship:
- The ability to work in Italy and the other 27 Member States of the European Union;
- The opportunity to study in Italy but also in other EU Member States;
- Access to properties in Italy for sale based on the golden visa program or simple acquisition of citizenship;
- Dual citizenship is also possible for those who want to keep their original citizenship;
- The ability to obtain a business as an Italian citizen entry and various tax benefits;
- Move access to free throughout Europe (the European Union and the Schengen area);
- Access to education and the National Health System in Italy.